Sunday 23 October 2011

Fran-tastic!

I'm delighted to announce that the normally shy and retiring Fran - author of the very funny and popular 'Being Me' blog - has emerged into the limelight of YouTube.

So in case you don't follow her (and if not why not?) I'm posting one of her comedy/poetry performances below for your weekend edification.

It will appeal particularly to parents of teenagers/young adults. If, like me, your nest has always been empty (except for that cuckoo incident in 1993), I can also highly recommend her other poems about poetry versus sex and getting to 'gwips' with twitter.

11 comments:

  1. Ah, poetry. Does rhyme pay?

    What’s big and grey and writes poetry?


    ...



    ...T.S. Elephant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent... like poetry in small does, and this stuff is pretty good I think...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clare - I'm still laughing at the 'special sherbert' - did you look at the other two she's put up as well?

    Dave - Sadly, not much and not often. Who was the first poet to Tweet about his poems?.... William Birdsworth (I made that up myself)

    Brahm - She's a funny lady. I like poetry generally but have a soft spot for funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Martin - hang on a minute... I'M Clare... you're Martin ffs

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is one funny lady, and it was a treat for sure to hear her "live."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very enjoyable; thanks for the link. I didn’t stop at one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Clare... sorry I've not been by.. she's good isn't she!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Clare - you're an angel for posting this. Very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Susan - Wasn't it just?

    Little Nell - They are moreish aren't they?

    Clare (and Gary, of course) - Hello Stranger! Worth coming back to Blogland for, eh?

    Fran - An absolute pleasure! Thanks for 'sharing'!

    ReplyDelete